Location/Directions and Contact Information
Lerdo Pre-Trial Facility | 17695 Industrial Farm Rd. Bakersfield, CA 93308 | (661) 391-7900
The Pre-Trial Facility is the largest Detention Facility operated by the Kern County Sherrif's Office. The facility has a maximum capacity of 1232 inmates. Pre-Trial houses both male and female inmates.
In addition to providing housing for county inmates, the Kern County Sheriff's Office is in contract with other State and Federal agencies to house their inmates. These inmates are predominantly housed at the Pre-Trial facility.
The facility has medical staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, psychiatric staff is available 7 days a week from 7 am to 5 pm.
AES Center H-Pod
For visiting an inmate enrolled in the AES Program at Lerdo Pretrial Facility Please contact a Care Coordinator at 661-391-2660 or 661-391-2659 to schedule your visit.
Pre Trial Visiting Dates And Times
Restricted due to COVID-19. Please refer to PUBLIC VISITING for further information.
Visits are recorded and may be monitored for the safety and security of the facility.
When driving to the Lerdo Complex, please be prepared to show your drivers license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance. This will speed up your entry into the complex.
Visitors 18 years old and older "WILL" be required to present valid government identification. Theses include:
- Any U.S. state or federal government issued photo identification.
- Valid passports with photo.
- Expired ID’s including ID’s with holes will not be accepted.
- Visitors under the age of 18 “MUST” be accompanied by a parent or legal, adult guardian.
- Inmates are allowed 2 thirty minute visits per week.
- There can only be 1 child for every adult visitor or 2 adults with 2 children for a total of 4 visitors. No more than 2 adults visiting at a time.
- All children in school need to bring a school ID or a government issued ID.
- Visitors must provide proof of guardianship for any accompanying child/children. This can be in the form of a birth certificate or court documents that establish the visitor's legal guardianship over the child/children.
- You will only be allowed to take your keys and identification with you to visit. All other items (purse, cell phone, camera, stroller, tobacco, etc.) must be left in your vehicle. There is no storage area available for prohibited items.
- If you have a baby you will be allowed to take 1 diaper, 1 bottle, and 1 plain blanket with you to visit.
- Minors must be under adult supervision at all times. Children will not be allowed to stand on or jump from benches. Repeated warnings to control unruly children will result in termination of your visit.
All visitors, including children will adhere to the Facility Dress Code. NO exceptions.
- There will be no see-thru tops allowed.
- No clothing with personal pictures on them.
- No spaghetti strap/halter tops are permitted.
- Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Stomach and back must be covered.
- Bra straps can not be showing.
- No cleavage.
Visiting by Ex-Felon (PC 4571)
All persons requesting visiting privileges at Pre Trial, who have been previously confined in a State or Federal Prison, must obtain written permission from the facility Lieutenant or his designee, prior to being granted access. If approval is granted, you must have it in your possession while at the Lerdo Complex. To download the form, click here.
- Property releases will be processed on Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- We will not release inmate clothing.
- Inmates may release their money and property to any out of custody person, if the person possesses a valid state or federal government issued picture identification.
Please be aware the process time will take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. You must be willing to wait. Once the property release has been started you must stay at the facility.
Correspondence may be made via the US Postal Service. Before it is accepted, it must meet the following criteria:
- Effective June 1, 2018, Inmates housed in KCSO Detentions Facilities will no longer be allowed to receive greeting cards through the mail. This restriction is being implemented for the safety and security of the facilities.
- Inmate name and booking number on the envelope.
- Include envelope and paper only.
Letters with the following will not be delivered to the inmate:
- Sexually explicit material
- Stickers or tape
- Blank paper or greeting cards
- Stamps or address labels
- Musical greeting cards
- Cash, money orders, personal or cashier’s checks
- Lipstick on envelope or letter
- Foreign substances
- C.O.D. or “Postage Due” mail will not be accepted.
- Appropriate books and periodicals may be sent through the mail “ONLY” if they come directly from the publisher, Barnes and Noble or Amazon (Limit 2 soft bound books per shipment)
You may deposit money at a Kiosk located at the:
- By Phone at 1-866-345-1884 to speak to a live, bilingual agent.
- Our online website: www.accesscorrections.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Only one of the following three items:
A dress, or A pair of pants and a blouse, or A skirt and a blouse.
One jacket, vest or sweater.
One belt (no large buckles).
Two pair of pantyhose.
One pair of pants.
One coat, vest or sweater.
One belt (no large buckles).
One pair of socks.
For inquiries about U.S. Marshall Eastern (Fresno) inmates, please call 559-487-5600.
For inquiries about U.S. Marshall Central (Los Angeles) inmates, please call 213-894-2485.
For inquiries about Board of Prison inmates, please call 916-930-2010.
For inquiries about Immigration and Customs Enforcement inmates, please call 661-328-4500.